Latest World News
- September 22 2014 00:43: Australia seeks broad new security powers after anti-terror raids - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
By Matt Siegel SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia's government is seeking broad new security powers to combat what it says is a rising threat from militant Islamists, the prime minister said on Monday, on the heels of sweeping counter-terrorism raids last week. Under the tough legislation, which Prime Minister Tony Abbott said would be introduced into parliament this week, it would be a crime for an Australian citizen to travel to any area overseas once the government has declared it off limits. ...
Latest U.S. News
- September 22 2014 00:53: Affluence eludes poor crowding into Asian cities - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Down a concrete path, between rail tracks that buzz with each approaching train and a river choked by plastic and raw sewage, Asih Binti Arif cradles her baby and reflects on dreams gone dark.
Latest Business News
- September 22 2014 01:00: Siemens agree to $7.6 billion deal to buy Dresser-Rand - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
By Ludwig Burger FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Industrial conglomerate Siemens AG said on Monday it would buy U.S. oilfield equipment maker Dresser-Rand Group Inc for $7.6 billion in a move that would significantly boost the German company's oil and gas business in North America. Germany's Siemens said its $83 per-share bid was unanimously supported by Dresser-Rand's board of directors. That compares with a Friday closing price of $79.91, which was up 27 percent over the past three months on takeover speculation. ...
Latest Tech News
- September 22 2014 00:31: Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
By Elzio Barreto HONG KONG (Reuters) - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's initial public offering now ranks as the world's biggest in history at $25 billion, after the e-commerce giant and some of its shareholders sold additional shares. Overwhelming demand saw the IPO initially raise $21.8 billion and then send Alibaba's stock surging 38 percent in its debut on Friday. That prompted underwriters to exercise an option to sell an additional 48 million shares, a source with direct knowledge of the deal said. ...
Latest Entertainment News
- September 21 2014 21:27: AP PHOTOS: Pole dancing being used for fitness - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
Latest Sports News
- September 21 2014 23:27: Steelers dominate Carolina to record big win - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
(Reuters) - Pittsburgh's defense sucked the life out of previously unbeaten Carolina while Ben Roethlisberger passed for two touchdowns to help the Steelers record a 37-19 victory on Sunday. The Steelers' defense forced their first two turnovers of the season while the offense gained 454 yards on the back of Roethlisberger's passes to Antonio Brown and running back Le'Veon Bell's 147 rushing yards. LeGarrette Blount also ran for 118 yards for Pittsburgh as they established their ground game. ...
Latest Science News
- September 21 2014 20:19: NASA robotic probe slips into orbit around Mars - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
By Irene Klotz CAPE CANAVERAL Fla (Reuters) - A NASA robotic spacecraft fired its braking rockets on Sunday, ending a 10-month journey to put itself into orbit around Mars and begin a hunt for the planet’s lost water. After traveling 442 million miles (71 million km), the Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution, or MAVEN, spacecraft fired its six rocket thrusters, trimming its speed from 12,800 mph (20,600 kph) to 10,000 mph (16,093 kph). ...
Latest Politics News
- September 22 2014 00:54: More than 130,000 Syrian Kurds have fled to Turkey: minister - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News