Latest World News
- September 30 2014 08:24: 4 fans formally accused in Brazil racism case - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
SAO PAULO (AP) — Brazilian police have formally accused four Gremio fans of racially insulting a player in a Brazilian Cup match.
Latest U.S. News
- September 30 2014 08:40: Oklahoma man charged with murder in beheading - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Authorities have charged an Oklahoma man with first-degree murder in the beheading of a Vaughan Foods plant worker.
Latest Business News
- September 30 2014 08:36: Wall Street rises on tech strength; investors watch dollar - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
By Ryan Vlastelica NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were higher on Tuesday, lifted by strength in technology shares, but the S&P 500 and Nasdaq were on track for a negative month in September. Major indexes fluctuated between positive and negative territory, with analysts citing concerns about the strength of the dollar but also seeking bargains following Monday's decline. Tech shares rose 0.6 percent after eBay Inc announced a plan to spin off its PayPal unit. The stock rose 7 percent to $56.33 and was the S&P's top percentage gainer on the day, as well as the most actively traded Nasdaq ...
Latest Tech News
- September 30 2014 08:18: Learn everything you need to know about the Galaxy Note 4 right now - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
Anxious to get your Galaxy Note 4 and are tired of waiting? Well you can still get a great head start on learning everything about the device right now by downloading the complete user’s manual (PDF). The manual should tell you every single tip you need to get the most out of the Galaxy Note 4, as it includes instructions on using the device’s power saving feature, using the S Pen stylus, using motions and gestures, and using Samsung’s own apps such as S Voice and S Health. RELATED: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge specs The Galaxy Note 4 is releasing at an interesting time for Samsung, as for the first time it’s facing competition from Apple
Latest Entertainment News
- September 30 2014 08:39: Famed violinist plays do-over at DC train station - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
WASHINGTON (AP) — Acclaimed violinist Joshua Bell will try playing in a train station again, though this time he hopes it's more conducive to making music.
Latest Sports News
- September 30 2014 08:29: U.S. FCC votes to do away with sports TV blackout rule - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
By Alina Selyukh WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Tuesday voted unanimously to eliminate a decades-old rule that has prohibited pay-TV providers from airing some home sports games, such as NFL football, if tickets to those games did not sell out. In a bipartisan 5-0 vote, the FCC did away with a 1975 sports blackout rule that has been backed by the broadcasters and the National Football League but in recent years has faced mounting criticism that it was outdated. ...
Latest Science News
- September 30 2014 07:51: How Often Does Enterovirus D68 Cause Paralysis? - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
Several children in Denver have developed limb weakness or paralysis after contracting respiratory illness, and four of the children have tested positive for enterovirus D68, the virus that has now sickened more than 400 people in 40 states, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It is not yet completely clear whether enterovirus D68 caused these children's neurological symptoms. Health officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Friday (Sept. 26) that they are investigating the matter and searching for similar cases in other states that may have gone unreported. "It's at the top of our list, but those investigations are still continuing, and I think we have not yet determined conclusively that D68 is the cause," said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee.[7 Devastating Infectious Diseases]
Latest Politics News
- September 30 2014 08:41: Drugs and sex industry boost British economy - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News
London (AFP) - Drug trafficking and prostitution contributed Â£8.5 billion (10.9 billion euros, $13.8 billion) to the British economy last year, Britain's Office for National Statistics said on Tuesday.