Latest World News
- October 31 2014 01:37: Colsaerts builds 1-shot lead at BMW Masters - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
SHANGHAI (AP) — Nicolas Colsaerts of Belgium made nine birdies on a soft Lake Malaren course Friday for an 8-under 64, giving him a one-shot lead over Alexander Levy of France going into the weekend of the BMW Masters.
Latest U.S. News
- October 31 2014 01:46: Sony's quarterly loss balloons on mobile woes - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Sony's losses ballooned to 136 billion yen ($1.2 billion) last quarter as the Japanese electronics and entertainment company's troubled mobile phone division reported huge red ink. The Tokyo-based maker ...
Latest Business News
- October 31 2014 01:30: BOJ shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
By Leika Kihara and Tetsushi Kajimoto TOKYO (Reuters) - The Bank of Japan surprised global financial markets on Friday by expanding its massive stimulus spending in a stark admission that economic growth and inflation have not picked up as much as expected after a sales tax hike in April. The jolt from the BOJ, which had been expected to maintain its level of asset purchases, came as the government signaled its readiness to ramp up spending to boost the economy and as the government pension fund, the world's largest, was set to increase purchases of domestic and foreign stocks. ...
Latest Tech News
- October 31 2014 01:47: Panasonic raises profit outlook as restructuring shows results - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
TOKYO (Reuters) - Panasonic Corp raised its full-year operating profit outlook by 13 percent and returned to a net cash positive position for the first time in five years after a drastic restructuring chopped unprofitable product lines in smartphones, plasma TVs and semiconductor chips. Panasonic said on Friday it expected a 350 billion yen ($3.15 billion) operating profit for the year to next March, compared with its prior estimate of 310 billion yen issued in July. The new figure would mark a 15 percent rise from last year and exceeds the average estimate of 339. ...
Latest Entertainment News
- October 31 2014 01:46: Downey, Watson, Dench honored by British Academy - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
LOS ANGELES (AP) — There was a bit of a British invasion of Beverly Hills, as BAFTA Los Angeles hosted its annual Britannia Awards, honoring film and television talent from both sides of the pond, including director Mike Leigh and actors Dame Judi Dench, Emma Watson, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Robert Downey Jr.
Latest Sports News
- October 31 2014 01:11: Your Top Plays for Today - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Science News
- October 30 2014 16:44: Google's Cancer-Detecting Nanoparticles: Are There Drawbacks? - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
Google is developing nanoparticles that the company hopes will catch early signs of diseases such as cancer, but are there potential drawbacks to the technology? The microscopic particles would be designed to bind to certain dangerous cells or molecules, such as cancer cells, or plaques in blood vessels that have the potential to cause heart attacks, according to BBC News. A person would swallow a pill containing the nanoparticles, and the tiny particles would travel through the body, looking for signs of disease. Then, because the particles are magnetic, a person could wear a magnetic wristband that would attract the particles, and allow the device to interpret information from the particles, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Latest Politics News
- October 31 2014 01:48: Asia stocks surge, yen dives on US data, Bank of Japan move - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News
Hong Kong (AFP) - Asian markets rallied Friday and the dollar pushed past 111 yen after Japan's central bank said it would expand its vast monetary easing scheme and the United States released forecast-busting economic growth data.