Latest World News
- May 24 2013 18:01: Soldier's slaying prompts UK security review - World News Headlines - Yahoo! News
LONDON (AP) — Both of the suspects accused of butchering a British soldier during broad daylight on a London street had long been on the radar of Britain's domestic spy agency, though investigators say it would have been nearly impossible to predict that the men were on the verge of a brutal killing.
Latest U.S. News
- May 24 2013 18:27: Ohio kidnap case hero not endorsing free burgers - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
CLEVELAND (AP) — The man who famously put aside his Big Mac to help rescue three women held captive in a Cleveland house said Friday that he's not endorsing a group of restaurants that are offering him free burgers for life and wants his name kept out of it.
Latest Business News
- May 24 2013 18:22: News Corp to take charge of up to $1.4 billion this quarter - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
By Jennifer Saba (Reuters) - News Corp said on Friday it will write down the value of its Australian and U.S. publishing assets by up to $1.4 billion, as the company prepares to split its business between its newspaper and entertainment operations. The company said the goodwill impairment charge was primarily for its Australia newspapers though it gave no more details. It also said it expected reduced cash flows in the future. The charge will be taken in the quarter ending June 30 and could effectively wipe out News Corp's profit. ...
Latest Tech News
- May 24 2013 18:00: Yahoo reportedly places bid to buy Hulu stake - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Yahoo is apparently determined to show that it can do more than pay $1.1 billion for a bunch of teenage girls’ blogs. Unnamed sources tell Bloomberg that Yahoo has submitted an offer to buy video streaming website Hulu, a sign that the company is still considering ways to counter the enormous video streaming clout that Google now holds with YouTube. Yahoo was interested in buying a majority stake in French video streaming website Dailymotion earlier this year but that deal fell apart after the French government reportedly threatened to block it. In making an official bid for Hulu, Yahoo will be competing with Time Warner Cable, which is considering buying a 33% equity stake in the company. It’s unknown at
Latest Entertainment News
- May 24 2013 18:26: Calif. teen takes supermodel to prom - Entertainment News Headlines - Yahoo! News
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California teen turned heads at his prom when he showed up with a Sports Illustrated model as his date.
Latest Sports News
- May 24 2013 18:35: Kuchar one ahead at weather-hit Colonial - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
(Reuters) - American Matt Kuchar held a one-shot lead at 10 under par after 15 holes when the weather-hit second round was suspended for the day at the Crowne Plaza Invitational in Fort Worth, Texas on Friday. Kuchar, who clinched his fifth PGA Tour title at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship in February, will line up a 40-foot birdie putt at the par-three 16th when play resumes at 8:15 a.m. EDT on Saturday. ...
Latest Science News
- May 24 2013 14:59: Memorial Day Planet Parade: See Jupiter, Mercury & Venus - Science News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Politics News
- May 24 2013 18:42: Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81 - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo! News
WASHINGTON (AP) — Haynes Johnson, a pioneering Washington journalist who won a Pulitzer Prize for his coverage of the civil rights movement and migrated from newspapers to television, books and teaching, died Friday. He was 81.