Latest World News
- March 1 2015 02:39: Hong Kong rally against Chinese shoppers turns chaotic - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
HONG KONG (AP) — Hong Kong police used pepper spray Sunday to break up scuffles between protesters demonstrating against mainland Chinese shoppers and villagers from a border town.
Latest U.S. News
- March 1 2015 01:10: Late-winter storms spread across areas of Southwest - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Business News
- March 1 2015 02:11: CNET's Twitter team for Mobile World Congress 2015 - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Tech News
- March 1 2015 02:22: Small SUVs, pricey sports cars dominate at Geneva auto show - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Small SUVs for families and powerful sports cars for the rich are the big things this year at the Geneva International Motor Show this year. Environmentally correct electrics and hybrids, not so much — thanks to cheaper gas and limits on battery life.
Latest Entertainment News
- March 1 2015 00:51: TV drama, plaudits: a cocktail of success for Japan whisky - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
Whisky demand is rocketing in Japan, with producers scrambling to increase production as a period drama about the dram has the country hooked and after a homegrown single malt scooped the honours in a world taste test.
Latest Sports News
- February 28 2015 23:10: Lydia Ko cruises to New Zealand Open victory - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
World number one Lydia Ko cruised to her second New Zealand Open championship crown in three years on Sunday after surviving a slight wobble midway through her final round. New Zealander Ko, 17, carded a one-under par 71 Sunday after her course record 61 on Saturday and finished on 14-under 202, four strokes clear of Australian amateur Hannah Green who shot a last-day 68. Denmark's Nanna Koerstz Madsen was a further shot adrift in third at the Clearwater Golf Club in Christchurch. The victory means Ko will retain her No 1 world ranking after back-to-back wins Down Under following her LPGA Tour Australian Open triumph in Melbourne a week ago.
Latest Science News
- February 28 2015 06:00: Big Bang, Deflated? Universe May Have Had No Beginning - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
If a new theory turns out to be true, the universe may not have started with a bang. In the new formulation, the universe was never a singularity, or an infinitely small and infinitely dense point of matter. "Our theory suggests that the age of the universe could be infinite," said study co-author Saurya Das, a theoretical physicist at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada. The new concept could also explain what dark matter — the mysterious, invisible substance that makes up most of the matter in the universe — is actually made of, Das added.
Latest Politics News
- March 1 2015 02:28: Egypt court ruling threatens election timetable - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News
Egypt's constitutional court ruled on Sunday that parts of the law organising parliamentary elections starting March 21 violate the charter, in a decision that may force a delay. The administrative court, which rules on state related matters, will now decide whether to formally rule on delaying the election. President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi ordered that the law be redrafted within a month and asked that "legal measures be undertaken to avoid delaying" the election, his office said. The constitutional court said sections of the law dividing the electoral districts were unconstitutional.