Latest World News
- February 8 2016 08:29: Egypt rejects media accusations security forces behind killing of Italian student - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian Interior Minister Magdi Abdel Ghaffar said on Monday he rejected media accusations that security forces were behind the killing of an Italian student who was found dead on a Cairo roadside with signs of torture on his body. "There are many rumors repeated on pages of newspapers insinuating the security forces might be behind the accident. This is unacceptable. This is not our policy," he told a news conference. (Reporting by Mahmoud Mourad; Writing by Ahmed Aboulenein; Editing by Louise Ireland)
Latest U.S. News
- February 8 2016 08:24: Suspect charged with dragging Philadelphia police officer in Overbrook identified - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Business News
- February 8 2016 08:12: Humble Bundle is funding its own games - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Tech News
- February 8 2016 08:13: Amaya taps Barclays to review pending buyout proposal from CEO - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
Canada's Amaya Inc, operator of online gambling website PokerStars, said on Monday that a special committee of its board has tapped Barclays to review an expected all-cash offer from its Chief Executive David Baazov. Earlier this month, Amaya disclosed that it had received a non-binding proposal from Baazov to take the company private for C$21 a share. The company said the special committee has also engaged Blake, Cassels & Graydon as its legal advisor in connection with the notice received from Baazov.
Latest Entertainment News
- February 8 2016 08:23: Audi tearjerker, 'Puppymonkeybaby' among Super Bowl winners - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
NEW YORK (AP) — With 30-second Super Bowl ads costing up to $5 million, it's a huge gamble to advertise. As the Denver Broncos defeated the Carolina Panthers, there were winners and losers off the field, too. Here are the advertisers whose gamble paid off, and those who dropped the ball.
Latest Sports News
- February 8 2016 07:48: Super Bowl 50 television audience close to 2015 record, early data shows - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
(Reuters) - The television audience for the 50th Super Bowl this year was on course to approach 2015's record 114.4 million viewers, according to preliminary ratings data on Monday. Early Nielsen figures from the biggest U.S. cities showed that Sunday's showdown on CBS between the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers delivered the second-highest overnight ratings on record for the Super Bowl, the most-watched television event annually in the United States. Last year's Super Bowl drew a record audience of 114.4 million viewers to become the most-watched telecast in U.S. history.
Latest Science News
- February 8 2016 08:21: Antiperspirant May Boost Variety of 'Bugs' Living on Your Armpits - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
If you're an antiperspirant user, you probably slather on the stuff in order to wipe out odor-causing bacteria. The use of antiperspirants and deodorant alter the skin microbiome, according to a new open-access study published in the journal PeerJ on Tuesday (Feb. 2). Antiperspirants reduce the total number of bacteria dramatically, but seem to leave a more diverse group of survivors than what is seen on the underarms of people who use just deodorant or nothing at all.
Latest Politics News
- February 8 2016 08:28: For the Clintons, New Hampshire is the state of 2nd chances - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News