Latest World News
- August 20 2014 11:26: Ukrainian warplane shot down over rebel-held east: military - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
Latest U.S. News
- August 20 2014 11:22: Holder: 'Change is coming' after police shooting - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is meeting with college students as part of his trip to Missouri stemming from a white police officer's fatal shooting of an unarmed black 18-year-old.
Latest Business News
- August 20 2014 11:20: Argentina bonds, peso reel on country's debt swap plan - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
By Hugh Bronstein and Alejandro Lifschitz BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Argentina's new plan to skirt U.S. The government has sent a bill to Congress that would replace its New York intermediary bank with state-run Banco Nacion, the latest move in a years-old legal chess game between Argentina and its "holdout" creditors who refused to participate in the restructuring. Argentina's black market peso reeled on the news, falling 2.0 percent to an all-time low 13.5 to the U.S. The legal deadlock is squeezing Argentina's foreign reserves and the availability of dollars in the market by preventing the economically ailing country from issuing international bonds.Last month, Argentina defaulted on an estimated $29 billion of its restructured debt after a New York court blocked an interest payment of $539 million.
Latest Tech News
- August 20 2014 11:12: Infineon cash flow covering International Rectifier integration - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
German chipmaker Infineon said its cash flow would cover the costs to integrate International Rectifier, the U.S. "We expect that the free cash flow that comes with the transaction will immediately cover the restructuring costs. So it's not like we will go through a black hole of cash drain," finance chief Dominik Asam told journalists during a conference call on Wednesday. Merger-shy Infineon earlier said it had agreed to buy International Rectifier for about $3 billion in cash in its biggest-ever acquisition.
Latest Entertainment News
- August 20 2014 11:03: NYC mayor declares 'Al Roker Appreciation Day' - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
NEW YORK (AP) — Al Roker didn't have this honor in his forecast.
Latest Sports News
- August 20 2014 10:45: Cowboys extend reign as NFL's most valuable team: Forbes - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
(Reuters) - The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable National Football League (NFL) team for an eighth consecutive year, more than double the average league value, according to an annual survey by business magazine Forbes The Cowboys, whose total revenue during the 2013 season was $560 million, are worth $3.2 billion, a whopping rise of 39 percent over last year, Forbes said in a statement on Wednesday. ...
Latest Science News
- August 20 2014 11:23: How the Human Brain Gets Its Wrinkles - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
The reason our brains have that wrinkly, walnut shape may be that the rapid growth of the brain's outer brain — the gray matter — is constrained by the white matter, a new study shows. Researchers found that the particular pattern of the ridges and crevices of the brain's convoluted surface, which are called gyri and sulci, depends on two simple geometric parameters: the gray matter's growth rate and its thickness.
Latest Politics News
- August 20 2014 11:21: Iran parliament votes to sack 'reformist' science minister - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News
Iran's conservative-dominated parliament on Wednesday voted to sack the science minister for wanting to recruit people accused of involvement in the 2009 protest movement. Reza Faraji Dana, whose responsibilities included Iran's universities, was sacked after a censure motion went against him. The motion was backed by 145 of the 270 lawmakers present, out of a total of 290, while 110 supported Faraji Dana. President Hassan Rouhani defended his minister and urged MPs to have greater confidence in him.