Latest World News
- October 9 2015 17:32: Top Asian News at 12:30 a.m. GMT - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea is holding what is expected to be one of its biggest celebrations ever Saturday for the 70th anniversary of its ruling party's creation, an attention-getting event that is the government's way of showing the world and its own people the Kim dynasty — now in its third generation — is firmly in control and its military a power to be reckoned with. The military parade kicking off the celebrations could hold some surprises for analysts abroad who will be watching its display of weaponry, particularly its growing fleet of drone aircraft and long-range missiles, very closely.
Latest U.S. News
- October 9 2015 18:13: New Orleans mayor, sheriff meet over prisoner dispute - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu and Orleans Parish Sheriff Marlin Gusman had little to say after meeting Friday in a federal judge's chambers to discuss their long-running differences over Gusman's management of the city's jail.
Latest Business News
- October 9 2015 17:44: JPMorgan again wins dismissal of whistleblower lawsuit in U.S - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
By Joseph Ax NEW YORK (Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co on Friday won the dismissal of a U.S. whistleblower lawsuit filed by a former vice president who claimed the bank ignored red flags about a client’s potential fraud, even after authorities exposed the massive Ponzi scheme operated by longtime JPMorgan client Bernard Madoff. U.S. District Judge Robert Sweet in New York granted the bank’s motion to throw out the complaint, finding that Jennifer Sharkey had failed to demonstrate that her termination in August 2009 was in retaliation for speaking out. Instead, he said, JPMorgan had shown there were legitimate performance-related reasons to fire her at the time.
Latest Tech News
- October 9 2015 17:30: Watch us play Dragon Quest Heroes, a new hack-and-slash action game on PS4 - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
There’s really only one game that everyone’s going to be talking about this weekend — a game that doesn’t even launch until next month — but an interesting collaboration from Square Enix and Tecmo Koei is slated to launch on Tuesday, and although I’ve only spent a couple of hours with it, I thought it was worth sharing my initial impressions. DON’T MISS: Star Wars Battlefront: 1080p60 videos and impressions from the beta I need to start with a caveat: Dragon Quest Heroes is not to the Dragon Quest series what Hyrule Warriors is to The Legend of Zelda. It only took a few minutes for Hyrule Warriors to win me over — Dragon Quest Heroes hasn’t gotten close. That’s not to
Latest Entertainment News
- October 9 2015 18:11: Michigan, NY artists win $200,000 grand prizes at ArtPrize - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
Latest Sports News
- October 9 2015 16:59: Rangers beat Toronto again to put Blue Jays on ropes - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
The Texas Rangers won that and ultimately the game Friday. While the bullpen held the Toronto Blue Jays to two hits over the final seven innings, the Rangers scored twice in the 14th inning to earn a 6-4 victory and take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five American League Division Series. "As far as our bullpen is concerned, what a phenomenal job they did today and the zeros they put up," Rangers manager Jeff Banister said.
Latest Science News
- October 9 2015 13:50: Apollo Photos Redux: The Story Behind the NASA Moon Pics Posted to Flickr - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
The addition of tens of thousands of the Apollo astronauts' moon photos to an online repository drew worldwide media interest this week, but lost in many of the headlines were the facts behind the four-decade-old photographs. Numerous news articles declared the photos were "never before seen" and attributed the upload to NASA, neither of which were true. "Contrary to some recent media reports, this Flickr gallery is not a NASA undertaking, but an independent one," said Kipp Teague, the founder of the Project Apollo Archive, in an introduction he wrote for the newly-added gallery.
Latest Politics News
- October 9 2015 18:17: Clinton's support slides ahead of first Democratic debate - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News
Just days before she will take the stage in the first Democratic debate, Hillary Clinton's lead over rival Bernie Sanders has narrowed, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll. Clinton's support among Democratic voters fell 10 points within less than a week. From October 4 to October 9, Clinton saw her support tumble from 51 percent of Democratic support to just 41 percent.