Latest World News
- July 5 2015 13:56: German calls for Grexit mount as EU stunned by 'No' vote - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
BRUSSELS/BERLIN (Reuters) - France and Germany called for an emergency summit of euro zone leaders to discuss Greeks' stunning referendum vote on Sunday to reject bailout terms, as calls mounted in Berlin to cut Greece loose from Europe's common currency. German Chancellor Angela Merkel's deputy said Athens had wrecked any hope of compromise with its euro zone partners by overwhelmingly rejecting further austerity. Merkel and French President Francois Hollande conferred by telephone and called for a euro zone summit on Tuesday.
Latest U.S. News
- July 5 2015 13:54: 1 lane reopens after accident, fuel spill on northbound I-95 in Delaware County - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Business News
- July 5 2015 13:15: Euro falls as Greece votes 'No' to bailout package - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Tech News
- July 5 2015 13:06: On 9th day, Kerry says Iran nuke talks could go either way - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
VIENNA (AP) — Nine days into marathon nuclear talks, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Sunday said the diplomatic efforts "could go either way," cutting off all potential pathways for an Iranian atomic bomb or ending without an agreement that American officials have sometimes described as the only alternative to war.
Latest Entertainment News
- July 5 2015 13:58: Police arrest man, 20, in shooting of Kermit Ruffins' niece - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans police say they have arrested a man in the death of a woman identified as the daughter of a New Orleans policewoman and firefighter, and a niece of jazz trumpeter Kermit Ruffins.
Latest Sports News
- July 5 2015 13:34: Woods goes bogey free for first time since 2013 - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Tiger Woods fired his first bogey free round since 2013 on Sunday, closing with a three-under par 67 in the final round of The Greenbrier Classic. The former world number one snapped a string of 55 straight rounds with a bogey or worse -- a stretch dating back to his last bogey free round at The Barclays in August of 2013. "That is the best I have hit in a very long time," said Woods, who has plunged to 220th in the world.
Latest Science News
- July 5 2015 06:12: New Horizons space probe suffers glitch on approach to Pluto - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
By Irene Klotz CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (Reuters) - NASA scientists were working on Sunday to revive the New Horizons spacecraft after it suffered a computer malfunction just nine days before it was due to fly past Pluto. On Saturday, an unknown glitch caused New Horizons to switch to a backup computer, which triggered an 81-minute break in radio communications with mission controllers at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in Laurel, Maryland, NASA said in a status report. "Full recovery is expected to take from one to several days," NASA said.
Latest Politics News
- July 5 2015 13:55: Powers warn Iran 'now is the time' for nuclear deal - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News
Global powers upped the pressure on Iran late Sunday warning now was "the time" to strike an elusive deal curbing its nuclear ambitions, as the US said the fate of the talks hung in the balance. US Secretary of State John Kerry stressed that after almost two years of negotiations and on the ninth day of these latest talks in Vienna "genuine progress" had been made. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and the EU's foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini arrived back in the Austrian capital with essentially the same message ahead of Tuesday's deadline for a comprehensive deal curtailing Iran's nuclear programme.