Latest World News
- January 19 2017 23:31: Three dead, more than 15 injured after driver plows car into Australian pedestrians - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
A man deliberately drove into pedestrians, killing three and injuring more than 15 in the center of Australia's second largest city Melbourne on Friday, but police said the lunch-time incident was not terrorism-related. Pursued by police cars, the man had been seen driving erratically before speeding into a pedestrian mall, deliberately plowing into people, Victoria state police said.
Latest U.S. News
- January 19 2017 23:11: China's growth edges up but 2016 weakest year since 1990 - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
BEIJING (AP) — China's economic growth ticked up in the final quarter of 2016 but its full-year performance was the weakest in three decades as it heads into a potential trade battle with U.S. President-elect Donald Trump.
Latest Business News
- January 19 2017 23:03: Sanofi's M&A misses frustrate some investors in drugmaker - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
PARIS/DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - For the last year, Sanofi's chief executive has made clear his quest for deals to help revive the fortunes of France's biggest drugmaker. Olivier Brandicourt's failure to land two big biotech acquisitions he was chasing has led to growing impatience among some investors.
Latest Tech News
- January 19 2017 22:50: Japan trade minister says not considering Toshiba rescue plan - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's minister for economy, trade and industry, Hiroshige Seko, said on Friday a rescue plan for embattled conglomerate Toshiba Corp was not under consideration at his ministry. Seko told reporters after a cabinet meeting that he would closely monitor the steps taken by Toshiba's management. Toshiba is under pressure to come up with cash as it faces a bigger-than-expected writedown for its U.S. nuclear business that local media have said could come in at $6 billion. (Reporting by Ami Miyazaki; Editing by Himani Sarkar)
Latest Entertainment News
- January 19 2017 22:23: 'Dance Moms' star's 2-day sentencing hearing set to begin - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
PITTSBURGH (AP) — A federal judge will decide if "Dance Moms" reality TV star Abby Lee Miller should be sentenced to prison or probation for concealing hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of income during her Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Latest Sports News
- January 19 2017 23:13: Westbrook snubbed for Curry, Harden as All-Star starter - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook, averaging a triple double, was snubbed for a Western Conference starting spot in next month's NBA All-Star Game in voting announced Thursday by the league. LeBron James and Kyrie Irving, who led the Cleveland Cavaliers to last season's NBA title, were named to the Eastern Conference starting five while Golden State teammates Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant were voted onto the Western Conference opening lineup.
Latest Science News
- January 19 2017 19:11: Scientists will live in a dome for 8 months to simulate Mars - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
HONOLULU (AP) — Six carefully selected scientists have entered a man-made dome on a remote Hawaii volcano as part of a human-behavior study that could help NASA as it draws up plans for sending astronauts on long missions to Mars.
Latest Politics News
- January 19 2017 23:18: Shanghai up after China data, Asia traders on edge - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News
Shanghai stocks jumped on Friday after China's economy enjoyed its first growth pick-up in two years, but traders in most other Asian markets were subdued ahead of Donald Trump's inauguration. After a tepid start to the day, mainland Chinese traders rallied after official figures showed growth came in at 6.8 percent in the final quarter of last year, the first improvement since the end of 2014. There was also a note of caution as Trump heads to the White House, having spent most of his election campaign digging at China over what he considers unfair trade practices and his accusations of currency manipulation.