Latest World News
- June 24 2016 13:06: Shocked EU tells Britain to leave quickly - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
A stunned EU on Friday urged Britain to leave as "soon as possible" amid fears the devastating blow to European unity could spark a chain reaction of further referendums. German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande led calls for the European Union to reform in order to survive a traumatic divorce with Britain. The uncompromising stance came after Prime Minister David Cameron said he would resign and leave the negotiations on Britain's departure from the 28-nation club to a successor who will be named by October.
Latest U.S. News
- June 24 2016 13:08: North Dakota spent $491K on fetal heartbeat abortion law - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — North Dakota spent $491,016 in legal costs defending an ill-fated law passed by the state's Republican-led Legislature three years ago that attempted to ban abortions when a fetal heartbeat is detected, records obtained by The Associated Press show.
Latest Business News
- June 24 2016 13:11: Wall St. tumbles after Britons vote to leave EU - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Tech News
- June 24 2016 13:08: You deserve this funny video on a crummy day - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
The past couple weeks haven’t been the best. But it’s Friday afternoon. The weekend is so close, but here you are, still at your desk. You deserve happiness as much as anybody else. So, I have a video for you.It’s short. It’s sweet. It repeats the oddly comforting sound of a NYC subway train leaving the station. I hope it brings you joy. And if its doesn’t — and if you are of legal drinking age — might a recommend an ice cold wine spritzer.
Latest Entertainment News
- June 24 2016 12:57: Actress Kelly McGillis attacked at North Carolina home - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — An apparently shaken and frantic Kelly McGillis could be heard on a recorded 911 call screaming about a woman who broke into her North Carolina home, saying the woman attacked her and claimed to know her.
Latest Sports News
- June 24 2016 12:53: NFL to interview league players named in doping report - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
NFL officials will interview players named in a report by Al-Jazeera America alleging the use of performance-enhancing drugs, but retired Denver Broncos star Peyton Manning will not be among them. A posting on the NFL's website said NFL senior vice president of labor policy and government affairs Adolpho Birch informed the NFL Players Association that the talks would be conducted in July, when teams begin training camps for the season that launches in September. A memo from Birch outlines plans to interview Green Bay Packers linebackers Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews and Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison on the first day of their team's training camps, July 26 for Green Bay and July 29 for Pittsburgh.
Latest Science News
- June 24 2016 11:31: Caribbean Sea's Curious 'Whistle' Detected from Space - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
Bounded by South America, Central America and the Caribbean islands, the semi-enclosed basin of the Caribbean Sea acts like the body of a giant whistle, the scientists wrote in the study. "When you blow a whistle, you hear something because the air oscillates — pulses in and out of the whistle — and radiates a wave," the study's lead author Chris Hughes, a researcher at the National Oceanography Centre in Liverpool, in the United Kingdom, told Live Science. "In this case, the water is pulsing in and out of the Caribbean Sea.
Latest Politics News
- June 24 2016 13:09: Cameron resigns as Brexit vote shocks EU, pummels markets - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News
British voters dealt a seismic blow to the European Union by voting to leave the bloc, triggering the resignation of Prime Minister David Cameron Friday and sending world financial markets into freefall. The shock outcome of Thursday's historic referendum could have a knock-on effect on other EU members battling hostility to Brussels and possibly lead to the break-up of the United Kingdom after Scotland raised the prospect of another independence vote. In an emotional statement outside Downing Street, Cameron said he would resign to make way for a new leader by early October after the failure of his "Remain" campaign.