Latest World News
- November 28 2014 19:03: Top Asian News at 3:00 a.m. GMT - World News Headlines - Yahoo News
TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — Taiwan's relations with historic foe China are playing a key role in local elections on the self-ruled island Saturday as the ruling Nationalist Party meets increased resistance to forging stronger ties with Beijing. Voters on the island with a population of about 23 million will elect representatives to 11,130 local seats, including mayoral posts in major cities such as the capital, Taipei.
Latest U.S. News
- November 28 2014 19:01: Former 'Real World' cast member dies in Wisconsin - U.S. News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Business News
- November 28 2014 17:26: As energy shares tumble, opportunity lurks - Business News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Latest Tech News
- November 28 2014 18:49: Xbox's Japan chief resigns after bleak Xbox One sales - Tech News Headlines - Yahoo News
Latest Entertainment News
- November 28 2014 18:09: Jacqueline Woodson responds to racist joke - Entertainment News Headlines — Yahoo! News
Latest Sports News
- November 28 2014 18:06: Ray Rice domestic violence suspension overturned - Sports News Headlines - Yahoo! News
Former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice, who was suspended indefinitely earlier this year after punching his now-wife, won his appeal, meaning he could return to the National Football League. Rice is now a free agent and eligible to sign with another team, the NFL Players Association said Friday. The 27-year-old Rice had been sacked by the Ravens and kicked out of the NFL indefinitely in September after the emergence of video showing him punching his then-fiancee Janay in a casino elevator in February, knocking her unconscious. The incident was one of several examples of violent off-field behavior that have roiled the hugely popular and lucrative NFL, sparking criticism from fans, sponsors and even US lawmakers.
Latest Science News
- November 28 2014 09:36: Beer-Bottle Physics Could Help Explain Deadly Eruptions - Science News Headlines - Yahoo News
The science of a bar prank that causes beer bottles to overflow with foam could help explain lethal eruptions of gases, researchers say. A better understanding of this effect could also help researchers to model what could happen if carbon dioxide is accidentally released from containment systems that are designed to keep the global-warming gas from escaping into the atmosphere, scientists added. The prank known as "beer tapping" involves hitting the top of a newly opened beer bottle. One of us did the trick, and we started to figure out possible explanations," said lead study author Javier Rodríguez-Rodríguez, a fluid mechanician at Carlos III University of Madrid in Spain.
Latest Politics News
- November 28 2014 19:11: Gov. Nixon to call special session over funding - Politics News Headlines - Yahoo News
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has announced that he will call a special session of the state General Assembly to provide funding for public safety efforts related to protests in the Ferguson area.