- British police arrest three over soldier's killing - May 25 2013 15:38
By Peter Griffiths LONDON (Reuters) - British counter-terrorism police on Saturday arrested three people suspected of involvement in the killing of a soldier hacked to death in a London street by two men shouting Islamist slogans. The killing of the soldier in what the government said appeared to be a terrorist attack has led to angry protests against radical Islam and fears of a possible anti-Muslim backlash. Michael Adebolajo, 28 and Michael Adebowale, 22, are under armed guard in hospital after being shot and arrested by police on suspicion of murder on Wednesday. ...
- Anti-Muslim actions rise in UK over slain soldier - May 25 2013 14:43
LONDON (AP) — Police, politicians and activists in Britain are warning of rising anti-Muslim sentiment following the slaughter of an off-duty British soldier in a London street, an apparent act of Islamic extremism that has horrified the nation.
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris - May 25 2013 14:36
PARIS (AP) — A French soldier was stabbed in the throat in a busy commercial district outside Paris on Saturday, and the government said it was trying to determine if there were any links to the brutal killing of a British soldier by suspected Islamic extremists.
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying - May 25 2013 13:51
- Turkish couples kiss in subway in protest - May 25 2013 11:55
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend - May 25 2013 09:59
LONDON (AP) — Counterterrorism police on Saturday questioned a friend of alleged Islamic extremist Michael Adebolajo, one of two suspects in a savage killing of a British soldier on a London street that has horrified the country.
- Female suicide bomber injures 18 in Russian region - May 25 2013 09:00
MAKHACHKALA, Russia (AP) — A female suicide bomber blew herself up in the southern Russian region of Dagestan on Saturday, injuring at least 18, including two children and five police officers, authorities said. The attacker was later identified as a widow of two Islamic radicals killed by security forces.
- Friend of alleged soldier killer arrested at BBC - May 25 2013 08:52
LONDON (AP) — Counterterrorism police on Saturday questioned a friend of alleged Islamic extremist Michael Adebolajo, one of two suspects in the killing of an unarmed British soldier, a savage attack that has horrified Britain.
- Russian police detain activists, foes at gay rally - May 25 2013 07:40
MOSCOW (AP) — Gay-rights campaigners and their opponents clashed at an unsanctioned rally in the Russian capital on Saturday, but a heavy police presence in Ukraine kept the two sides apart at that country's first-ever gay pride march.
- UK zookeeper dies from tiger attack injuries - May 25 2013 07:37
LONDON (AP) — A young zookeeper who was mauled by a Sumatran tiger at an animal park has died, British police said Saturday.
- Female suicide bomber injures 12 in Russian region - May 25 2013 06:53
MAKHACHKALA, Russia (AP) — A female suicide bomber identified as a widow of two killed Islamists blew herself up in the southern Russian region of Dagestan on Saturday injuring at least 12, including two children and five police officers, police said.
- Priest who defied Mafia is beatified in Sicily - May 25 2013 05:03
ROME (AP) — An Italian priest who stirred consciences with his anti-Mafia preaching and was gunned down by mobsters has been honored by the Vatican as a martyr.
- 'Friend' of suspect in UK slaying arrested - May 25 2013 04:11
LONDON (AP) — Counterterrorism police on Saturday were questioning a friend of Michael Adebolajo, one of two suspects in the savage killing of a British soldier. The friend, Abu Nusaybah, was arrested immediately after he gave a television interview telling his story about how Adebolajo came to be radicalized.
- Female suicide bomber injures 11 in Russian region - May 25 2013 03:11
MAKHACHKALA, Russia (AP) — A female suicide bomber injured at least 11 police officers and civilians, including two children, in the southern Russian region of Dagestan on Saturday, police said.
- Dozens march in Ukraine's first-ever gay rally - May 25 2013 03:03