- Bay Bowl: San Francisco to host 50th Super Bowl - May 22 2013 00:24
- Veteran DB Charles Woodson returns to Raiders - May 21 2013 20:31
- Romo active on field while idled over cyst removal - May 21 2013 15:13
- CBS takes key ratings crown for first time in 21 years - May 21 2013 15:11
(Reuters) - Broadcast network CBS said on Tuesday it won this season's ratings race among the 18-to-49 age group most prized by advertisers, claiming its first victory in that audience in 21 years. CBS, a unit of CBS Corp, snatched the title from News Corp-owned Fox, which had dominated the age group for eight straight years until it was hurt this season by a ratings slump for singing competition "American Idol." CBS rode hits like "The Big Bang Theory" and "2 Broke Girls" and was helped by February's Super Bowl broadcast, which attracted the biggest TV audience of the year. ...
- The 50th Super Bowl goes to San Francisco Bay Area - May 21 2013 15:09
- San Francisco and Houston awarded 2016 and 2017 Super Bowls - May 21 2013 13:48
By Julian Linden NEW YORK (Reuters) - San Francisco and Houston were chosen on Tuesday as host cities for the 2016 and 2017 Super Bowls after National Football League (NFL) team owners voted for the two ahead of Miami. The San Francisco Bay Area will host the 50th Super Bowl in early 2016 at Levi's Stadium, the brand new home of the 49ers, which is still under construction. Then Houston will stage the 51st edition of the sport's championship game in early 2017 at Reliant Stadium, the home of the Texans. ...
- NFL-San Francisco and Houston awarded 2016 and 2017 Super Bowls - May 21 2013 13:45
* Miami odd city out in NFL owners' votes * Aging stadium hurts South Florida bid * 49ers to host 2016 game in new facility (Adds quotes) By Julian Linden NEW YORK, May 21 (Reuters) - San Francisco and Houston were chosen on Tuesday as host cities for the 2016 and 2017 Super Bowls after National Football League (NFL) team owners voted for the two ahead of Miami. The San Francisco Bay Area will host the 50th Super Bowl in early 2016 at Levi's Stadium, the brand new home of the 49ers, which is still under construction. ...
- NFL, Xbox enhancing interactive television viewing - May 21 2013 12:20
Imagine Sean Payton holding up a Surface tablet instead of a cardboard playsheet on the sideline.
- (Blank Headline Received) - May 21 2013 12:00
- Falcons get $200 million NFL loan for stadium - May 21 2013 08:18
BOSTON (AP) — NFL owners approved a $200 million loan Tuesday for the Atlanta Falcons to build a new stadium.
- Romo to miss workouts after cyst removal on back - May 21 2013 06:46
- Te'o off-limits to media but not Maxim party - May 20 2013 16:59
- Bills DE Williams says texts taken out of context - May 20 2013 14:59
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Mario Williams refused to be labeled as someone who was emotionally unstable in dismissing questions about his mental state raised by a series of text messages from his former fiancee.
- Ex-NFL WR Johnson arrested on probation violation - May 20 2013 14:24
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Former NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson has been arrested on charges that he violated probation stemming from an altercation with his now ex-wife, TV reality star Evelyn Lozada.
- San Francisco favored to host 50th Super Bowl - May 20 2013 13:38
By Simon Evans MIAMI (Reuters) - San Francisco is favored to be named the host city for the 50th Super Bowl when National Football League (NFL) owners vote Tuesday on the site of the 2016 championship game. The Californian city, home to the NFL's 49ers, is up against South Florida (Miami) while Houston will compete with the losing bid for the 2017 game, which will also be decided on Tuesday. All the focus, however, is on the prestige of hosting the 50th anniversary game, which the NFL is promising to make the biggest and best finale ever. ...